Distinctions of gender delinquency

Introduction In the post-modern and multicultural worlds of criminology and criminal justice characterized by post-structuralism, post-Marxism, post-affirmative action, and post-feminism, the variables of class, race, and gender remain fundamental to both theory and practice.

Distinctions of gender delinquency

In9 percent of all arrests of male juveniles were for violent crimes, while the remaining 91 percent were for property crimes. Bythat rate increased to 10 percent. Inthe juvenile male arrest rate for property crimes was four times the female rate; bythe male rate was just twice the female rate.

Between andthe large majority 93 percent of known juvenile homicide offenders were male. Seventy-three percent of male juvenile homicide offenders used a firearm while 14 percent used a knife. Male and female juvenile offenders are about as likely to cause injuries to their victims.

About 55 percent of victims of male offenders had no injuries, compared to 52 percent of victims of female offenders in Juvenile female offenders were likely to attack victimize another juvenile, 71 percent of cases.

Similarities in male and female offending rates and patterns

Adults were the victims of female juvenile offenders in 28 percent of incidents. The elderly were the victims in about 1 percent of the incidents.

Adults were the victims of male juvenile offenders in about 34 percent of incidents. The elderly were the victims in about 2 percent of the incidents. A Special Study, Section V.Quantitative studies in crime and criminal justice are concerned with empirically measuring, capturing, or nullifying the “casual relationships” or “differencing effects” of class, race, or gender on crime, delinquency, violence, law enforcement, adjudication, sentencing, and punishment.

gender such as sexual abuse, battering, teenage pregnancy, single parenthood, and disparity in educational, vocational, and employment opportunities.

Gender Disparities in the Juvenile Justice System | CJJ

This paper addresses the gendered differences in girls’ pathways into delinquency, their. Juvenile Delinquency Theories of Causation Many theories have been advanced to explain the cause of juvenile delinquency.

Some are quite sophisticated, whereas others are unique distinctions based on gender, race, class, and culture. Causes of juvenile deviance span socioeconomic, racial, regional, and gender cate-. _____ holds that gender differences in the delinquency rate can be explained by the fact that female criminality is overlooked or forgiven by male agents of the justice system.

chivalry hypothesis Early biologists claimed that female delinquency goes unrecorded because ________. Despite the introduction of other controls, gender continues to be a significant predictor of most attitudes toward crime and punishment.

Gender differences on crime and punishment

The gender differences reported in Table 1 remain, with only two exceptions: we no longer find significant differences between men and women on the life-prisonterm item, and on the importance-of-crime-as-a-problem item. Gender Issues in Juvenile Justice Rosemary C.

Sarri The federal JJDP legislation has had a differential impact on the pattern of admission of females and males to detention facilities and training schools, and also on the rate of admission relative to the total available youth arteensevilla.com findings suggest a differential societal response, and .

Distinctions of gender delinquency
Investigating the Role of Gender and Delinquency in Exposure to Violence Among Puerto Rican Youth